Hellooo! I’ve been away from the blog for a while, did you miss me? For the past month I’ve been staying with my parents in Bridport, Dorset, and working with them at their greengrocers shop and I’ve not really had much time to spend at the laptop. The change from the desk based work that I’ve been doing for the past five years, to the much more physically demanding challenge of being on my feet all day and lugging heavy boxes of fruit and veg around ended up being much more tiring than I anticipated. Despite that, I’ve really enjoyed settling into my new job and learning about the business. Being a food blogger and keen cook has proved to be very helpful when talking to customers about how to cook different vegetables and answering some of their questions about the other products on sale.
Living with my parents for a month hasn’t been too bad, it’s been nice being able to take it in turns with Mum to do the cooking and there has been free wine! This has been the longest period that I’ve lived with them since I left home to start university 10 years ago and I am looking forward to being able to live with my boyfriend again. He stayed behind in Reading to work out his notice period and get started on the packing. We’ve found a lovely new build flat to rent with a much better kitchen than we had before (very important for me) and we’re going to be moving in next week which is really exciting and just a little bit stressful. Apparently moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do in life. This means it will take a little bit longer before I get back to regular posting but once I’ve figured out how my new oven works I’ll be back with lots of new recipes. I’ll also be writing a bit about Bridport and the local area as we go out and explore Dorset.
In the meantime. to celebrate the fact that we are embarking on a new adventure in the south west, I have a fantastic hamper giveaway for you from Serenata Flowers. If you’ve not heard of them before, they sell bouquets of flowers and foodie hampers which are great for giving as gifts, they also offer free delivery and can even deliver on a Sunday. I bought my Mum a large bunch of flowers from them for her birthday earlier in the year and she loved them.
I selected the Best of British Cheddar hamper (RRP £49.99) to offer as a giveaway prize to all you lovely people who read my blog because I’m moving back to the south west which is the home of British cheddar, so it seemed appropriate even though I’m going to be in Dorset rather than Somerset.
The lucky person who wins this hamper will receive a selection of Godminster organic cheddar, voted ‘The People’s Choice’ at the National Cheese Awards, alongside a selection of crackers and nibbles and a chunky chutney all presented in a wicker hamper.
- Cheese Board Chutney 105g
- Godminster- Vintage Organic Cheddar Cheese
- Godmister- Oak Smoked Organic Cheddar
- Godminster- Savory Digestives Crackers
- Godminster- Water Biscuits with Rosemary
- Luxury Organic Bombay Mix
- Luxury Black Pepper Cashew Nuts
Giveaway terms and conditions
- To enter please use the Rafflecopter widget below. If you haven’t used Rafflecopter before please watch this short video. A comment on this blog post answering the question in the Rafflecopter form is a mandatory entry to this giveaway. All other options e.g. tweeting and following are optional. I validate all entries including tweets and can tell if you haven’t entered properly. If you don’t comment on this blog post you haven’t entered the giveaway.
- There is one prize available of a Best of British Cheddar hamper worth £49.99 from Seranata Flowers.
- The giveaway is open to UK entrants aged over 18 only.
- The closing date is 23.59pm 3rd October 2015.
- The winner will be chosen using the Rafflecopter random number generator from all valid entries.
- The winner will be contacted using the email address supplied to the Rafflecopter widget. If you win you will receive an email from Jen’s Food and then your prize will be sent to you directly from Serenata Flowers.
Thank you to Serenata Flowers for providing the hamper as a giveaway prize. This is a sponsored post.