I’m guest hosting another blogging challenge this month. This one is Credit Crunch Munch run by Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla at Fab Food 4 All. The aim of this challenge is simple, share a recipe from your blog that’s made with cheap ingredients. There’s loads of home grown fruit and veg in season this time of year and that often means that it’s a bit cheaper e.g. in the UK we have strawberries, rhubarb, broad beans, broccoli, watercress, new potatoes and salad leaves are all at their best now. There are also several types of fish in season now too such as sardine, shrimps and plaice. If you’re cooking with seasonal ingredients then you could share your post with Simple & in Season and if you’re making a cheaper meal that includes an extra portion of veg then why not link up with the Extra Veg challenge as well. Finally if you’re using up leftovers then join in with No Waste Food Challenge. If you really want a challenge then try and create one recipe to fit in with all the above!
Some further inspiration for dishes that fit the challenge
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
Credit Crunch Munch
To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea that is vaguely food related. We do a full round up so I will be mentioning all the recipes that are submitted. For last month’s entries check out the round up over at Baking Queen74.
There are a few rules
- Please link to the Credit Crunch Munch pages on Fuss Free Flavours and Fab Food 4 All
- Please link to the current host Jen’s Food
- Please use the Credit Crunch Munch Badge
- Tweet using #creditcrunchmunch
- Closing date – last day of the month – 30th June
- You are welcome to link up one or two old posts, but please republish them
- By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest
- If blogging a recipe from elsewhere on the internet or a book please be mindful of copyright
But feel free to
- Send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
Tell me about your money saving ideas on the linky below! I am also making this a blog hop, so feel free to grab the code and add to your post too. Let’s spread the money saving meme!
We’ll be looking for guest hosts, so please mail Helen if you are interested. helen at fussfreeflavours dot com