source The round up for the brioche entries for last month’s challenge will be coming soon. You may have noticed that I hosted 3 challenges last month, whilst very enjoyable it does take longer than you might think to visit everyones lovely blogs. It will be here by the end of the week though. In the meantime I thought I’d better make sure that we all know what we’re baking for April. The theme this month is enter site madeleines. These are the dainty, buttery cake morsels so loved by Marcel Proust. Their historical origins are disputed but they are characterised by their distinctive shell shape and light texture. Madeleines are traditionally made using a genoise sponge mix this is where the eggs and sugar are beaten over a bain marie until the reach the ribbon stage before flour and melted butter are added. I’m not picking a specific recipe from Larousse Gastronomique this month so you have free rein to use any recipe you like and you can even enter savoury madeleines too.click here
- Please use the logo on your post and tag the post with the label ‘Classic French’ and include a link to this challenge page and to Blue Kitchen Bakes.
- Please add your entries via the linky at the bottom, enter the name of your dish in the name box. If you don’t have a blog or linky doesn’t work then email your entries to email@example.com including the name of your dish, your name, a photo and a link to your post
- If you’re on Twitter you can also tweet your links to @BlueKitchenBake using the hash tag #ClassicFrench and I will retweet any that I see
- You can enter as many times as you want and you can enter your post into other challenges as long as it fits in with their rules
- You can enter an old post if you want but please update with a link back to my blog and the challenge logo
- Don’t forget that if the recipe you use is from another source i.e. book/magazine/website/blog to credit the original author.
- The challenge will run until the 28th of the month.
- New challenges will be announced on the 1st of each month
- Above all have fun and use this as an excuse to learn something new and get creative!